Business Objective Strategy
Playing an assistance role at RBA Consulting, I helped the establish the project business objectives. After conducting some initial company research before we metI met with the client, I participated in a workshop and helped with 5 five subject matter expert (SME) interviews. After gathering information and requirements, we analyzed the data, presented our findings the client, and After presenting our finding we established a business alignment with James Avery.
Some of the client's heir goals included the following:
- To improve improve "accuracy, accessibility, and common understanding", across the company.
- To gain gain efficiencies.
- To create create connections within the organization.
- To reduce reduce email volume.
- To organize and migrateion of content SharePoint.
Further, they wanted create an atmosphere of interaction within the company. There goals were
- To "foster and protect" the culture
- To create a Consistent consistent experience for all employees
- To foster Communicate communication across the company
After reaching alignment with the business, we set out develop 4-6four six assumption-based personas. The process we took was a somewhat prescriptive approach that included as follows. the following:
- Stakeholder Interviews – We met with both larger project committees and ; we also held separate meetings with the core stakeholders.
- Touring the Facility Tour – help us further understand the company's unique heritage and culture, we touredTouring their facilitiesy, including the foundry, offices, meeting roomsspaces, and their flagship store were used help us understand their heritage.
- SME Interviews – get a feel for the internal landscape, After touring the facility, II conducted five 1-hour interviews with our business strategist on the client facility. Each interview was 30min-1hr.
- Persona Drafting – After getting a feel for their internal landscape and visiting the facility wAfter building e began get good hypotheseis for a range of archetypes that would represent roles within the organization,. We we began drafted assumptive-based personas.
- Touring the Facility – Touring the facility, including the foundry, meeting rooms and their flagship store were used help us understand their heritage.
- Persona Workshop – We held a 2-hour persona workshop with a larger project committee, during which . During this time, we:
- Educated We educated the group on what personas were.
- We Presented presented our draft personas.
- We took real-time feedback on the draft personas from the committee.
- Revised 2 personas and added a new persona
- Finalizing the Persona Finalizations – Based on feedback, We we revised our personas, ppresented our revised personas and weighted them with the core stakeholders, and received another round of feedback that would allow us which became an input for weighting the features.weight the required Employee Portal features.
Site Map and Wireframes
After the personas were developed, my colleagues began creating a weighting feature matrix; and I began working on the site map and wireframes based on a draft feature matrix.
After getting moreachieving greater consensus with the business, we began vetting the clickable wireframes with 11 actual client-selected users picked by the client, who most embodied the personas we developed for. We set up 1-hour screen-share video chats conduct these sessions. During Every each session, we received extremely helpful feedback that helped us crystallized determine what which features were most valuable and validated ensure that our prototypes were intuitive across the varying for a the users we designed for. Since the users found our clickable wireframes be intuitive and usable from the outset, I focused the bulk of my efforts Since the usability issues were somewhat low, I spent the bulk of my effort determininge how we should prioritize the navigation and important pages.
2 Creative Concepts
After the client signed off on the wireframes, we presented 2 two design concepts:
- Concept one was designed taking their was a bit truer their existing online branding as a basis..
- Concept two was more warm, warm and highly creative, having been and inspired by the look -and -feel of the their brick-and-mortar stores..
Because the client was close to rebranding, they preferred to use a design that was simple and neutral and consequently chose the second concept.
Based on the design direction the client chose,n I took the client through 2 two more rounds of revisions and presented them with 4 four designs.